Flat Roofing Systems
LORD Roofing and Grounds Works Flat Roofing Systems
The National Award-Winning Flat Roof Installers in the North East for domestic and commercial properties, with fully accredited specialist installers with over 40 years’ experience. We use only the best manufacturers of EPDM Roofing Systems, including the exclusive RESITRIX German engineered 2.5 state-of-the-art EPDM Rubber System, and Firestone RubberCover, with over 100-years history……
The undeniable concern that fully accredited, government-backed, association audited roofers, will categorically always state; is that their potential clients biggest fear is that “A flat roof is a problem just waiting to happen”. Figures indicate, courtesy of independent studies, that your stereotypical one-man-band roofer will face even tougher objections and apprehensions from clients when discussing the consistency and dependability of installing a new flat roof, or roofs, to their property.
The consensus is that flat roofs are without question, the most problematic, unreliable, and defective roofing system available within today’s market. Although those concerns are appreciated and understood, ironically, that misconception is the exact opposite to the actual truth. If the flat roof is installed by professional and nationally accredited flat roof specialists. The more modern-day products for flat roofing systems, if installed as previously mentioned, and with the best products available, can outlast a concrete main roof in terms of longevity.
Certain products have proven to have lasted over 55 years and are still performing. The average lifespan of your average concrete roof tile, average membrane, and average laths is approximately 40 years. And that is if it’s installed by an accredited roofer. With five years either way depending on location and products used.
Unfortunately, this very popular distain and subsequent apprehension, has for the most part, consequentially indoctrinated into the client’s trust, from a history of issues, leaks, and on occasion, quite severe structural problems.
The reasons for these feelings of negativity and doubt are very simple, their flat roofs have been installed by unprofessional, non-accredited roofers in the past, without the correct skill-sets. At best, incompetent, at worst bordering criminal.Much in the same way the UPVC plastics, in the form of the new, ‘must-have ‘fascia, soffit and guttering systems which exploded into the industry a good few years back. Where there becomes a large demand for a product or system, almost out of no-where, appear new companies ready to cater. The obvious problem is that they are being accommodated for by roofline companies, as opposed to accredited and life-long roofing tradesman. And that is the very same scenario with flat roofs, especially EPDM Rubber roofs or GRP fibreglass alternatives.
These lesser-skilled, non-qualified installers are responsible for not only poorly fitted flat roofs, but also the problems inevitably follow. Hence the reason that flat roofs in general can be ill-thought of, and clients are very wary and reluctant, and with good reason.
The very same can be said for the new, extremely popular Resin Bound driveways and Bespoke designed, premium-grade blocked alternatives. These combined are smashing records and are currently the UK’s Number-One home improvement purchase in todays market. All products mentioned though are easy targets for what is known in the professional game, quite simply as, ‘Bandwagon Jumpers’.
So be careful, both roofing and grounds works are an extremely tarnished industry, with the latter not currently overseen by a government-backed authority, as such, If it sounds too cheap, and too good to be true, it’s because it usually is.
Never pay twice. Pay once, at the right, fair price.
Over the moon with our new flat roof. Lord Roofing were exceptional from start to finish, showing a high level of craftsmanship.
Leanne Daniels, Washington
The LORD family’s advice and important rules to remember:
- Always make sure that your chosen contractor has a certificate of accreditation from a well-established Roofing Association, affiliated with the government if possible. This will generally ensure the contractor is regularly audited to certify the high-level of quality is maintained. Also, check and read in full the contractor’s contract, the more concise and detailed it is, whilst being clear and transparent, the more trust you can afford them.
- Always check that the contractor has a Public and Employee Liability Insurance Policy when before you agree to any works or sign any contract. This policy is further testament that the contractor is legitimate, and the policy should, for any averagely ambitious company to provide a bare minimum of £10 million pounds in combined cover. This is usually always checked and confirmed before any contractor will receive a government-endorsed Roofing Association accreditation and certification of superior quality of workmanship and products used. Also, the contractor is checked to be financially stable, and Health and Safety compliant with the relevant corresponding documents or booklet, and compliant across all in relation to the BS5534 Code of Practice.
- Always make sure that any guarantee or warranty for the works carried out is ‘Insurance-backed’ with a minimum of 10 years for most roofing related projects and some building related works. ‘Insurance-backed’ guarantees protect the client in the event the contractor ceases to trade or is made bankrupt. Again, this is usually always checked and confirmed before any contractor will receive a government-affiliated Roofing Association or Consumer Protection Association accreditation and certification. Unless it’s Insurance-backed, it’s not worth the paper it’s written on when it comes to roofing works.
- Do your research with regards to the contractor’s reviews to ensure they are legitimate, and research about these companies, Google is a great help here. There are so many companies that state they have fully checked and audited the clients they advertise. Research may just offer and rather different statement of fact.
- Choose a company you trust when checking for reviews of your short-listed preferred contractors. A Company that is very well established, a house-hold name preferably, and you will have no concerns with regards trust and the legitimacy of the reviews. Also, if you have any doubt, ask to the contractor to let you speak direct to a randomly chosen client who wrote the review. It can be a shark-tank out there, so be careful, and always aware. As you certainly don’t want to be left with a nasty financial bite, and at the completely opposite end of the happy client queue.
- It’s no gimmick, a true family-run and owned business is certainly one of the most contributing, endearing and comforting reasons that clients openly admit when making their final choice of contractor. Providing all the other boxes are ticked of course. LORD Roofing and Grounds Works are a true family-run company, and strive to tick every box, every time. We will never rest on our laurels, we promise to ourselves, family name, and our clients, we constantly try to keep on raising that very high standard we keep setting, and never stop trying to improve in whichever area we can. Even with our extremely kind and glowingly complimentary client’s reviews, we will forever endeavour to improve, whilst remaining undeniably humble, and true to our beliefs and morals.
- Whatever works you are looking to have to either your home, rented property or commercial lettings, always politely request your contractor for photographs, media, or even better, previous clients address, so you can look yourself and judge the quality before making that all important decision. If they are as good as they may claim to be, then they will agree without hesitation as they don’t have anything to hide.
- Always make sure that you check on Companies House that the contractor hasn’t liquidated the company and is trading again under a similar name, this is very common. If a local small business states to have a main head office in London, then be very careful, and again, do your research. An easier way to check is also to see if they have a Consumer Protection License, then you know you’re in safe hands, as the contractor has been financially vetted, and will offer Insurance-backed warranties as standard, where relevant.
- Unlike many home improvement companies, the percentage of which would surprise the consumer to know most of their works is subcontracted to external smaller operations. LORDS Roofing and Grounds Works, excluding all family members working directly for the company. From national award-winning paviours, to slaters certified at the highest possible level with German Master Slater accreditations. Which are very rare for locally born and bred gentlemen to achieve for outstanding, exemplary consistent and multi-faceted expertise of workmanship demonstrated over many roofing specialist areas. From stone slate installation, bespoke hand-cut slate and leadwork, to joinery and tickets for every conceivable covering for Flat Roofs. Our Master Render and Re-pointing squads, bricklayers, painters, and marketing teams are all under one roof. So, our clients have absolute confidence and peace of mind, which is invaluable.
- The Windows and Doors industry has the notorious reputation of epitomising the hard salesman pressure tactic approach, and most home improvement companies adopt a very similar adaptation. Sales Reps who earn commission only, for the most part, can be very intimidating, pushy and arrogant. Hardly what a potential client wants to be confronted with or experience. And often, having these Sales Reps, all but securing ‘squatters rights’ as they invade your privacy of your home for 4 hours or more until you agree to put pen to paper. Again, as family-run company at LORD, that certainly is not a philosophy or approach we would ever subscribe to or condone. Times change, and we at LORD Roofing and Grounds Works have torn up the old script and re-wrote our very own. And it reads heavenly, morally correct, and scribed out with the ‘soul’ intention to deliver our word.
- LORD Roofing and Grounds Works don’t employ Sales Reps, we employ salaried, highly experienced and time-served Managers for each field in their expertise. They receive monthly bonus, as do all on-site staff, for any 5-Star review they receive from their client. The Primary Driver to be complete client centric focused, to achieve complete satisfaction, the system promotes and drives those forward with excellent results. From the Director and Roofing Surveyor, to our very experienced former fitters, paviours, foreman and now very experienced Grounds Works Managers in David and Trenton, to our Senior windows/doors and Warm Roof Specialist Manager John. Whom has amassed an impressive boy-to-man, sole career in all types of glazing, with over 40 years’ experience and knowledge.
LORD Roofing and Grounds offer only the very best products when it comes to EPDM Rubber Systems, with long established and market-leading products. There are a couple of options available to our clients in this system, we offer Firestone EPDM RubberCover and RESITRIX. Each system is designed to suit the needs and requirements of any project required.
Both systems will be offered to our clients accordingly, with expert advice from our flat roof specialist site surveyors, fully explaining both systems in detail. Once discussed, and any queries or concerns answered, then a recommendation will be offered and explained in detail for most suitable product based on the client’s potential project.
Small EPDM Roofing project? Big result!
Small Residential Flat Roofing applications require a specific roofing installation system. That’s why we designed Firestone RubberCover EPDM Roofing.
The system is based on high performing EPDM rubber membranes and a limited range of accessories offering a watertight and durable roofing solution.
Firestone RubberCover EPDM Roofing System is the ideal solution for small residential flat roofs and other extensions, verandas, dormers, porches, garages, carports, garden sheds, balconies, gutters and trailers. You name it.
Thanks to a unique combination of features and benefits, Firestone RubberCover is your first choice for smaller EPDM roofing projects.
We offer you an EPDM rubber roofing with unique properties:
- Superior durability
- Seamless sheets in 1 piece
- Very low life-cycle cost
- Flame-free and easy installation
- High flexibility and elongation
- Environmentally friendly
- Recovery of rainwater
- Fire resistance
- 20 Year Guarantee
- World-recognized leader for over 100 years
- Firestone Building Products entered the waterproofing industry in 1980
- Produced and installed over 1.500.000.000 sqm of single-ply membranes worldwide
- Environmentally committed: ISO 14001 certified factories, published sustainability reporting, numerous third-party environmental certifications
- Worldwide network of distributors and qualified
- Learn more about Firestone RubberCover EPDM below:
Or you can visit their official website for any additional information you may require by clicking the link below:
To provide waterproof solutions, you need the right products. We have this with our RESITRIX® waterproofing membranes. RESITRIX® offers the right solution for all requirements and stress criteria for flat roofs as well as for building waterproofing, ensuring the long-term reliability and economic viability of your projects.
RESITRIX® combines in a unique material combination the excellent material advantages of the synthetic rubber EPDM and high-quality, polymer-modified bitumen in a highly flexible, single-ply sealing membrane.
The advantages of RESITRIX at a glance:
- Certified service life of more than 50 years, even for seam welded joints (SKZ-study)
- No Additional surface protection; resistant to ozone, UV and infrared radiation.
- Flexible at low temperatures of down to -40 degrees Celsius.
- Permanently elastic without plasticisers.
- Practically free from shrinkage throughout its entire service life.
- Simple and safe installation with any naked flames.
- Root-resistant to FLL and therefore suitable for all green roofs.
- Sustainable (EPD certified and DGNB compliant)
- Even complex roof shapes and detail situations can be overcome
- 100% leak-tight welded seam – simple visual inspection
- Ultimate elongation of more than 500%
You can visit their official website for any additional information you may require by clicking the link below:
LORD Roofing and Grounds Works also offer the best alternative flat roof systems, although without bias, we, our Flat Roof Specialists and Master Slaters all concur, that EPDM Rubber is the best modern-day system for flat roofs. The fact that as a compound it has so many additional benefits over the other alternate variants. Most importantly it will expand and contract with thermal movement and our varying weather conditions. EPDM Rubber is highly flexible, UV resistance, unlike a rigid system, that could possibly cause issues with land movement, EPDM is the choice of the experts, and the best option for our clients. EPDM Rubber has a proven-track history of over 50-60 years and still going strong.
It was initially first installed, and originally designed to primary fit man-made lake-beds in the United States and waterways, such is it’s resilient, waterproofing qualities and unrivalled life-span. We can also offer, install, and possess the relevant accreditations for whatever your preference for your flat roofing project, including GRP (Fibreglass) full flat roofing systems, or the original style Single Ply Green Mineral Felt, if that is what is required.
(Top seal GRP Flat Roof with addition Sky Lantern at the request of the client )
We provide and install what we truly believe, and independent advisors also regard as the best overall quality products that are on today’s markets. These include Built Up Felt Systems supplied exclusively from the market-leading ICOPAL Anderson FireSmart Tecnatorch.
Anderson FireSmart Tecnatorch SBS Torch-on Roofing Capsheets
Anderson FireSmart Tecnatorch capsheets have all the benefits of the standard Tecnatorch torch-on capsheets but incorporating Icopal’s unique FireSmart® technology producing capsheets that provide a fire protection layer, shielding the roof from both spread of flame and fire penetration.
FireSmart Tecnatorch is a versatile roofing system suitable for use with the following suitably prepared deck types: Plywood, OSB3, Timber Boarding, Profiled Metal Decking and concrete/screeded surfaces. As well as being used on new build warm roofs, FireSmart Tecnatorch can also be used, subject to Icopal approval, on cold and inverted roofs and as a refurbishment overlay system.
Features & Benefits
- Outstanding fire resistance.
- 25% less gas and 30% faster application than traditional torch-on membranes.
- Exceptional bond strength.
- Greater lap security.
- Safer low flame application.
- Easy to cut, handle and apply.
- Wide choice of colours.
Mini Groove Technology
FireSmart Tecnatorch is an energy efficient low melt reinforced capsheet, incorporating Icopal’s mini groove technology which makes it possible to install up to 30% quicker, using 25% less gas.
You can visit their official website for any additional information you may require by clicking the link below:
So, if you’re contemplating having either your existing flat roof or roofs replaced for a more modern alternative with a life-long expectancy, then look no further than LORDS Roofing and Grounds Works award-winning and nationally accredited Flat Roof Specialists and let us ensure you a lovely, warm, dry flat roof, that once fitted, will be for life.
Please, feel free to give us a call on your local office number, we would be only too happy to help, and arrange a free of charge, no-obligation appointment for you with one of our Flat Roof specialist surveyors’, who will advise and answer any questions you may have.
The ‘LORD Company Promise’ to our clients is; “To deliver the very highest quality of customer service, workmanship, and standard of products, for the very best price possible.”
Honesty – Affordability – Quality- Integrity – Trust
We will never be beaten on price, on a like-for-like basis.
Welcome to the family of LORD Roofing and Grounds Works Ltd
Achieving Excellence through Experience by Analysing and Redefining!
So, feel free to give us a call on your local office number, we would be only too happy to help, or alternatively email us at email@example.com.
Contact Lord Roofing & Grounds Works
Contact us today if you would like a quote for any of the building and roofing services we provide. By calling us today you can speak to a member of our team and ask us any questions you have about the services we offer.